Calrossy HSC Success
Calrossy HSC 2017
Calrossy is once again celebrating some outstanding results, with four students achieving top 10 results in the State in subjects. Calrossy also achieved 57 Top Band results across a variety of subjects. See the highlights and Distinguished Achievers list below.
- 31 students listed as Distinguished Achievers across 57 subjects. (meaning they placed in the top Band for that subject)
- Eliza Falkenmire named on the All Round Achievers List for achieving Band 6 in five subjects ((Economics, Physics, English Advanced, Geography, Maths.)
- Eliza was also named on the Top Achievers list for placing 3rd in the state in Physics.
- Bonnie Mitchell was named on the Top Achievers list for placing 2nd in Primary Industries.
- Chelsea Lehman was named on the Top Achievers list for placing 4th in Primary Industries.
- Emily Jarrett was named on the Top Achievers list for placing 10th in Community and Family Studies.
- Music 1 - 100% of students in the top two Bands; 60% in the top Band.
- Physics - 100% of students in the top three Bands.
- Textile & Design - 100% of students in the top two Bands.
- Biology – just over 95% of students were in the top three Bands.
- English Advanced – 98% of students in the top three Bands.
- Geography – 92% of students in the top three Bands.
- Senior Science – just over 95% of students in top three Bands.
- Visual Arts – 100%of students in the top three Bands
There were nine courses in which Calrossy doubled the state wide average of students in the top band. They were:
Biology - 9 Band 6 results (22% compared with 12% state wide.)
Geography - 6 Band 6 results (17% compared with 8% state wide.)
Music 1 - 3 Band 6 results (60% compared with 20% state wide.)
Physics - 2 Band 6 results (29% compared to 11% state wide.)
Senior Science - 8 Band 6 results (19% compared to 6% state wide.)
Textiles & Design - 2 Band 6 results (lowest class mark was 84.)
Visual Arts -- 2 Band 6 results (25% compared to 12% state wide.)
Hospitality - 1 Band 6 results (50% compared to 4% state wide.)
Primary Industries - 5 Band 6 results (33% compared to 3% state wide.)
Calrossy achieved 57 top Band results across a variety of subjects. Those Distinguished Achievers were:
Lachlan Barry - Music 1
Eleanor Bennett - Biology, Geography, Senior Science
Eve Bishton - Biology, Senior Science
Sarah Blomfield - Biology
Naomi Cant - Textiles & Design
Lucy Cantrill - Biology, Music 2, Music Extension
Emily Chaffey - PDHPE, Senior Science
Emma Costello - Primary Industries
Luke Dignam - Primary Industries
Emily Dowton - PDHP, Senior Science
Grace Ellis - English Advanced, Music 1, Senior Science
Eliza Falkenmire - Economics, English Advanced, Geography, Mathematics, Physics
Courtney Gillan - Mathematics General, Senior Science
Meg Greenwood - English Extension 2
Lucy Herbert - Visual Arts
Thomas Hinchcliffe - Senior Science
Emily Jarrett- Biology, CAFS, English Advanced
Zarleigh Jones - PDHPE, Senior Science
Rachel Koopman - Biology, Mathematics
Samuel Low - Ancient History, English Advanced, Geography
Aaron Madirazza - Mathematics
Charles Meyers - Mathematics, Physics
Bonnie Mitchell - Biology, Primary Industries, Geography
Sarah Nash - Textiles & Design
Claire O'Mara - Biology, Geography
Tehneka Rodgers -- Visual Arts
Matthew Scott - Music 1
Emily Scrivener - Biology
Gabrielle Shibble - PDHPE
Georgia Spires - Hospitality
Chelsea Walker - Primary Industries